Intelix Security Briefing: 09/01/20
Target Area: UAE, Middle East, Africa.
- The US carried out a military operation in Iraq which resulted in the death of an Iranian General, Qasem Soleimani. As a result of that, please be vigilant when traveling internationally, & avoid traveling to Iraq or Iran, unless absolutely necessary. Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50995792
- There have been reports of counterfeit AED 100 notes being circulated in the UAE. If you handle cash, please take some elementary precautions & randomly check for the authenticity of the bank notes you handle. Please report any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities.
- Mental health: modern living in growing economies like the UAE can have immense pressures on vulnerable individuals. It’s not uncommon to see news reports of attempted suicides & police interventions. If you, or anyone you know is having challenges in this area please reach out to the relevant authorities. There’s help.
- Libya: The Turkish government has decided to send soldiers to Libya, to shore up its official UN-backed government. The government is being fought by rebel forces led by Gen Khalifa Haftar, based in eastern Libya. Avoid non-essential travel to Libya & Libyan based airlines. Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51003034
- Aviation safety remains a top issue for 2020. Avoid carriers/destinations that fly over troubled spots, most notably over Iraq & Iran. Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-08/boeing-737-carrying-180-people-crashes-in-iran-state-media-says?srnd=premium-middle-east.
- Emirates & FlyDubai are already taking precautionary steps by cancelling Wednesday’s flights [08/01/20] to Baghdad. Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-08/emirates-flydubai-cancel-wednesday-s-flights-to-baghdad?srnd=premium-middle-east
Your use of the Beisance Intelix service is subject to our legal & privacy policies.
Security briefings are based on our opinions of publicly available information. Information is fluid, & changes all the time. This includes variableness & veracity. No warranty is expressed or implied in any way or form.
The provision of the briefings do not imply any contractual agreements between Beisance Intelix & end users.
Always consult your own enlisted & legally approved professionals for all matters that border on your security.
Always comply with all local laws in your country & notify the relevant legally constituted authorities regarding security issues.
Feedback & TipsIf you have any tips, or feedback, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intelix by Beisance