Intelix Security Briefing: 12/01/20
Target Area: UAE, Middle East, Africa.
- It would seem that the Ukrainian airliner that went down in Iran may have been brought down by a Russian Tor missile, part of Iran’s missile defence system. This claim is being made by Pentagon & Iraqi intelligence officials. If this is true, it means the following:
a. The Iranians didn’t do a good job of clearing their airspace prior to their retaliation.
b. An international outcry will follow, as countries whose nationals were lost react angrily.
We continue to recommend that travelers avoid carriers using Iranian/Iraqi airspace for now.
Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51055219
- Iran has admitted that its military unintentionally shot down the Ukrainian jet, killing all 176 people onboard. The Iranian statement of admission is however confusing as claims the was close to a sensitive area used by the Revolutionary Guards. This would indicate that their action was intentional. Quite heartbreaking. Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51073621
- Sultan Qaboos, the long reigning Omani leader has passed, at 79. Oman remains a stable & prosperous nation, charting its own course in the Middle East. It is sometimes referred to as the Switzerland of the Middle East, especially politically. We do not expect any drama with respect to its political transition. Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51073621
a. Update: [11/01/20 @ 18:13] Oman names Haitham bin Tariq Al Said as new ruler.
- The UAE: the government can be assessed as having paid true service to its “year of tolerance” theme. A visit to the Christian/Religious section of the Al Hamra Free Zone in Ras Al-Khaimah shows this. The government was involved in beautification efforts in line with the Christian season of Christmas. This is super commendable.
The UAE continues to be a stable & peaceful country, accommodating people of different faiths/beliefs.
- The UAE: the Ras Al-Khaimah Police issued a Warning Alert [Meteorological] via the mobile alert system, around 13:00 on 11/01/19 stating:
a. Warning Alert Meteorological: Due to severe weather All motorists are advised to reduce speed, move away from mountainous areas and gullies, and be extra cautious. Be safe [Ras Al Khaimah Police] [RAK Police]
Please comply fully until the weather conditions improve.
Security briefings are based on our opinions of publicly available information. Information is fluid, & changes all the time. This includes variableness & veracity. No warranty is expressed or implied in any way or form.
The provision of the briefings do not imply any contractual agreements between Beisance Intelix & end users.
Always consult your own enlisted & legally approved professionals for all matters that border on your security.
Always comply with all local laws in your country & notify the relevant legally constituted authorities regarding security issues.
Feedback & TipsIf you have any tips, or feedback, please send a message to email@example.com.
Intelix by Beisance