Intelix Security Briefing: 26/01/20
Target Area: USA, China, UK, Russia, UAE, Middle East, Asia.
- Russia: Political changes are afoot in Russia, with a new choice for Prime Minister being nominated by Vladimir Putin, the President. There are also efforts underway to amend its constitution to create an avenue for Putin to retain some power after he leaves the role of the President due to constitutional limits. Russia remains a stable & leading nation in many ways. Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-16/putin-s-premier-pick-wins-backing-amid-kremlin-overhaul-push?srnd=premium-middle-east
- USA: The House has delivered impeachment charges to the Senate. While this will no doubt generate a lot of political activity, as American elected officials tend to take their responsibilities seriously, we do not expect that this will imperil the country’s governance in any way. The USA has very established democratic institutions & is quite matured. It has also shown itself capable of meeting its security responsibilities both at home & abroad, despite the impeachment distractions. Read more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/house/478490-house-delivers-impeachment-articles-to-senate%3famp
- UK/Global: Travelex which provides financial services to travelers globally has been hacked. The hackers are demanding for ransom payments. Travelex is announcing that it has already taken significant remedial action & its services are gradually coming back up. If you’re a Travelex customer & have been impacted by this hack, please take precautionary action immediately. Read more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-51017852
- USA/UAE: The UAE government will be sponsoring the USA’s pavilion at the Dubai 2020 Expo. Estimated cost: $60m. This is being done in order to further cement the cordial relationship between these 2 countries. Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-16/us-says-its-pavilion-at-expo-2020-in-dubai-sponsored-by-uae?srnd=premium-middle-east
- USA/China: A new Chinese virus is causing some concern amongst leading global health authorities. It is a Coronavirus/flu virus & has already led to 2 known fatalities. US & Chinese authorities are currently screening air passengers. Wuhan in China is a hotspot. Avoid non-essential travel to Wuhan. Please follow all air travel safety recommendations for your journeys. Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51148303
Your use of the Beisance Intelix service is subject to our legal & privacy policies.
Security briefings are based on our opinions of publicly available information. Information is fluid, & changes all the time. This includes variableness & veracity. No warranty is expressed or implied in any way or form.
The provision of the briefings do not imply any contractual agreements between Beisance Intelix & end users.
Always consult your own enlisted & legally approved professionals for all matters that border on your security.
Always comply with all local laws in your country & notify the relevant legally constituted authorities regarding security issues.
Feedback & TipsIf you have any tips, or feedback, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intelix by Beisance